Alles rund um Spiele für Amiga OS4

Moderator: OS4Welt-Team

HelmutH
OS4Welt-Team
Danksagung erhalten: 44 Mal

Re: Billy Frontier

Beitrag von HelmutH »

@kas1e
I found and corrected two text errors in the German manual. Here is the customized manual.

I also have a question.The video mode settings dialog is described on page 2 of the manual.I can't see this window.I also re-downloaded BillyFrontier and then started it from RAM.The video mode settings window is also not displayed thereeither, and I cannot call it up using the F1 key.Do you have an idea why I can't see that :?:

Addendum:
Sorry I deleted the file again, because I noticed that some of the text there is cut off, so I'll revise the manual again and then upload it if the texts fit.
Gruß Helmut
Amiga 500, Amiga 2000, AmigaOne XE, AmigaOne X5000
kas1e
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Re: Billy Frontier

Beitrag von kas1e »

@HelmutH
That how the ports to modern hardware were done by Jorio : all the games we have now from Pangea (billyfrontier, ottomattic and cromagrally) have hardcoded video modes. For billy it's 1024x768, for CromagRally it's 1280x720, etc.

But if you need some other mode anyway, like the one you have for workbench, you can cheat it by switching to window mode, then resize it to the size of screen you wish (if you need screenmode of workbench, then resize to whole workbench), and then choose in options "fullscreen" back : and SDL2 will find the best suited video mode for your window, which will be the resolution of workbench if you need it.

In other words, you can set for full screen resolution you need by cheating a bit, but not from menus/etc. That normal for current versions.
Antworten